Thursday, January 1, 2015

"What They Taught Me When I Was Nine"

We used to sing this at camp - a song of tolerance and respect for those we disagree with, around the world, and also at home.  The words went something - actually exactly - like this:

I'm proud to be me, but I also see
You're just as proud to be you.

We may look at things a bit differently
But lots of good people do.

It's just human nature
So why should I hate ya
For being as human as I.

We'll take and we'll give
And we'll live and let let
And we'll all get along if we try.

I'm proud to be me, but I also see
You're just as proud to be you - it's true - 
You're just as proud to be you.

I cannot tell others what to do.  But this year's personal resolution is to try and remember this song.

Happy New Year.

Hopefully the best ever for the world.

And now, I shall try to enjoy the Bowl Games, played by college teams I don't care about.

No comments: